HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

How to make my pc starts faster?do you have any tips post them here

Post here about anything that doesn't fit specifically into any of the other categories, or if you're not sure what the problem is.

How to make my pc starts faster?do you have any tips post them here

Postby Advertise4you » June 25th, 2011, 6:05 am

i would like to know if you know any way on how to make my pc starts faster .if you know post here thanks.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Advertise4you

RE: How to make my pc starts faster?do you have any tips post them here

Postby shovenose » June 25th, 2011, 6:22 am

Since I know you run Windows, this is easy.
1. Download the free CCleaner. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
2. Install it
3. click on Tools at the left. It should say Uninstall.
4. There is a list of all the programs on your PC. Uninstall the ones you don't need, like stupid browser toolbars, old games, etc. Don't uninstall any Microsoft files and don't uninstall your Anti-Virus*
5. After you've done that, restart your computer
6. Then, clear off any un needed desktop shortcuts. Believe it or not these do make your computer take longer to start up if you have too many of them, because it's got to figure out where to put each one and which icon to give it.
7. Then go to CCleaner again, click on Cleaner (If you're not already there). hit Run Cleaner in the bottom right corner. If it gives you a warning message about deleting files just hit OK or whatever it says so you continue :-)
8. Once it's done, go to the Registry tab. CLick Scan for Issues. Then hit Fix Selected issues when its done scanning for them. it will ask you to back up the registy file. CLick no. Select FiX all selected issues. Then you can close that, and go back to the Tools tab. CLick on Startup (at the left sort of). Disable anything from Apple, Adobe, Sun, Java, RealPlayer, etc. IMPORTANT: Leave anything from Microsoft.

Close CCleaner and restart your computer again. One last thing to do is go to Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter. Defrag your C drive (do not use your computer while this is running)(it might take a long time). It's fun to watch though if your bored.

*Which Anti-Virus do you use? If you use a slow and bloated one like Norton, it can really slow stuff down. I would recommend Microsoft Security essentials for the best speed, and Comodo Internet Security for the best protection. They're both free!

In addition, it would be great if you could post the specifications of your computer. (Right click on the My Computer and click Properties and it will tell you).

And here is the screenshot you requested!

Edit: and one last thing: Run the free version of MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware as a full scan and make sure you have no viruses.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » June 30th, 2011, 9:12 am

Norton has evolved A LOT from "slow and bloated". On the other hand others were quick to take the bloat crown, with big names like Kaspersky and NOD32 on the list.
Th3_uN1Qu3

Postby shovenose » June 30th, 2011, 10:48 am

I'll be reviewign Norton shortly, just so everybody knows!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to General Computer Discussion