HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Nvidia NF4 chipset is way too hot!!

Post here about anything that doesn't fit specifically into any of the other categories, or if you're not sure what the problem is.

Nvidia NF4 chipset is way too hot!!

Postby duckula » August 4th, 2011, 7:33 am

As some of you may know, my desktop was built about 6 years ago now. It has an Abit KN8 motherboard, which is based on Nvidia's nForce4 standard single-chip solution. The stock NB cooler dead about 1 year after the computer was built. I replaced it with a Pccooler NB cooler(the same model as the one in the attachment). The fan(a 4010 fan) on the Pccooler cooler died again a couple of months ago. The weather was cool at that time so the computer ran stability. As the weather's getting hotter and hotter now, my desktop hangs and gives me BSOD randomly. Everest suggested that the NB temerature went as much as 62C. The heatsink of the NB cooler was too hot to touch after the computer had been running for even a few minutes. :s I mounted a 7010 fan(disassembled from an AMD stock cooler) on the side panel of the case and set the Thermaltake 12025 case fan at full speed so the hot air can be taken out of the case more efficiently. My desktop now sounds like a jet, but it runs fine. :blush:
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Nvidia NF4 chipset is way too hot!!

Postby shovenose » August 4th, 2011, 10:03 am

Typical nVidia chipset :-)
The nVidia chipset in the HP computer in the dining room has this tiny passive heatsink on it...even after being on for like 10 mins it's ridiculous.
HP+nVidia=fail
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » August 4th, 2011, 6:17 pm

No wonder why they're out of chipset business. :-S
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
duckula

Postby shovenose » August 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

It's ridiculous!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » August 4th, 2011, 6:59 pm

I need to find another 4010 fan. :S
duckula

Postby shovenose » August 4th, 2011, 7:15 pm

when you buy one online, please link to it in this thread, then restart your browser, and then click on this link from here and buy it i(make sure you have any ad blockers off and your browser is set to accespt all cookies) then buy it so I get commission :P
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » August 4th, 2011, 7:54 pm

:D ok
duckula

Postby c_hegge » August 8th, 2011, 12:57 am

At least the NF4 chipset doesn't have the manufacturing defect
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » August 8th, 2011, 1:13 am

Yup. Otherwise it would have been dead for a long while now. :D
duckula

Postby duckula » August 9th, 2011, 9:50 pm

shovenose wrote:when you buy one online, please link to it in this thread, then restart your browser, and then click on this link from here and buy it i(make sure you have any ad blockers off and your browser is set to accespt all cookies) then buy it so I get commission :P

Well I'm not going to buy a 4010 fan now. I managed to mount a 7cm frameless fan onto the frame of my dead 4010 fan and then I mounted them on the Pccooler heatsink. No more need for a 4010 fan now.

but I'm going to buy this one, thus I can turn my 17CRT into a TV set:

http://www.360buy.com/product/301125.html
duckula

Next

Return to General Computer Discussion