HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

UPS + SURGE PROTECTOR = ???

Post here about anything that doesn't fit specifically into any of the other categories, or if you're not sure what the problem is.

UPS + SURGE PROTECTOR = ???

Postby powernod » March 31st, 2014, 4:12 am

-I think i've read somewhere, that the best use for a UPS is to plug it directly to the electrical socket in the wall.
-My question is : what if you use a "surge protector" between the UPS and the wall socket?, is this something that will affect the proper function of the UPS or it doesn't matter? (and if it doesn't matter, is it wise to use a "surge protector" for better pc protection? )

P.S : When the battery from a UPS runs out, the UPS will function like it is in "surge only" mode, or it doesn't function properly when the battery has run out?
CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430
HDD:WD 2500AAJB 250gb IDE / WD 5003ABYX 500gb sataII
Oθόνη: Asus VE228HR
powernod

Re: UPS + SURGE PROTECTOR = ???

Postby c_hegge » March 31st, 2014, 12:09 pm

I don't think it would affect the UPS if it were plugged into a surge protector, but doing so is pointless, since the UPS has its own surge protection.

As for what happens when the battery dies, it depends on the UPS. some will work OK as a surge protector, others will simply refuse to power up.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to General Computer Discussion