HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

a game designer or a hardcore gamer

Post here about anything that doesn't fit specifically into any of the other categories, or if you're not sure what the problem is.

a game designer or a hardcore gamer

Postby twinkle » June 5th, 2014, 1:51 am

Why do people hate video games? I never really understood this. I always see people hate video games for a variety of reasons but none says anything bad about watching movies. Apparently I am praised if I want to be a movie or film maker but I am frowned upon if I am a game designer or a hardcore gamer. When will video games be accepted as another form of entertainment in the near future?
Last edited by c_hegge on June 6th, 2014, 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed Spam
twinkle

Re: a game designer or a hardcore gamer

Postby RWenger » June 5th, 2014, 4:19 pm

If you aren't familiar with games, haven't played them, and haven't developed an appreciation for them, you might just see them as something that encourages your kid to shoot things and wastes their time.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby stinger608 » June 5th, 2014, 6:41 pm

RWenger wrote:If you aren't familiar with games, haven't played them, and haven't developed an appreciation for them, you might just see them as something that encourages your kid to shoot things and wastes their time.

True, however what a lot of people don't realize is how games can sharpen a child's mind, reflexes, and ingenuity.

The media always tries to blame video games for stupid crimes. It isn't the game that causes it, its the mind of the person. There was/is something wrong with a person waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before he or she commits a crime after playing a video game. :P
stinger608

Postby RWenger » June 6th, 2014, 2:21 pm

I think the hate also depends on the game. Does anyone hate Madden, FIFA, or other nonviolent games?

stinger608 wrote:...games can sharpen a child's mind, reflexes, and ingenuity.

I can definitely attest to an increase in reflexes. After years of playing games, I can almost always catch things I drop before they hit the ground. I saved my phone from hitting the sidewalk with a timely catch earlier today.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby c_hegge » June 6th, 2014, 6:47 pm

As I suspected. Looks like the OP is a spammer
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby RWenger » June 6th, 2014, 8:40 pm

RWenger
Veteran Member

Return to General Computer Discussion