HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Gigabyte shows off its first X79 chipset motherboard at ComputeX 2011

Discuss and get help with Motherboards and PCI cards in this part of the forum.

Gigabyte shows off its first X79 chipset motherboard at ComputeX 2011

Postby duckula » May 30th, 2011, 5:44 am

Jesus, this mobo got 14 SATA ports (10 white ports are SATA6.0Gbps, the rest four black ports are SATA3.0Gbps). The socket of this mobo is huge and the way gigabyte placed the four DIMM slots is interesting.

[hr]
Well, the Gigabyte mobo looks a lot better if you compare it with this ASUS one. I guess I know why these manufacturers place the DIMM slots on two sides of the LGA2011 socket. These motherboards are for the upcoming enthusiastic Sandy Bridige-E processors, which adopt an outstanding FOUR channel memory controller. Placing the four slots on two sides of the socket (each side has two slots) makes it easier for designers to route the wires in the PCB.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Gigabyte shows off its first X79 chipset motherboard at ComputeX 2011

Postby shovenose » May 30th, 2011, 7:13 am

Asus motherboards are usually the same boring color as they've been for the past 15 years :(
Those motherboards are cool though.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » May 30th, 2011, 3:36 pm

I like the color scheme of the ASUS ROG series boards. Black plus red. Gigabyte's blue plus white color scheme works for me too.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Postby shovenose » May 30th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Yeah but that specific Asus motherboard is ugly. Then again, quality is more important than colors, but for those people with windowed cases the Gigabyte would probably be better.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby c_hegge » May 30th, 2011, 11:53 pm

That is one massive CPU socket. I can't believe ASUS hasn't dropped that horrible PCB colour. It's probably full of junk apaq caps too.
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Motherboards & Add-In Cards