HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

What the HELL are you doing, Skype?

Get help with anything software-related in here.

What the HELL are you doing, Skype?

Postby LongRunner » April 20th, 2014, 3:48 am

I tried using Skype — reluctantly — and on the understanding that it is owned by Microsoft. Anyway, set-up difficulties aside, when I tried to exit the application, it hogged the CPU, paralysing my PC. That went on for a ridiculously long time (it would have been a good few minutes, though I didn't count it), and I ended up resorting to the "End Process" command in Task Manager to kill the stupid program and be able to actually use my PC thereafter. Clearly an outrageous thing for an application to do, and I'm going to ditch it at the first opportunity. :rapidfire: Skype and Microsoft

The chance of me actually recommending Skype after this is probably lower than that of a swordless Link completing the game (without dying once, to boot). Which is to say, not very much (I'm not actually aware of a way of doing so, but then again, nor am I aware of a way of endorsing anything Microsoft makes now).
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Re: What the HELL are you doing, Skype?

Postby RWenger » June 7th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Right before I stopped using Skype, I had that issue all the time. Sometimes it would do what you've described right after starting Skype or at random times.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby LongRunner » September 29th, 2017, 10:53 am

The chance of me actually recommending Skype after this is probably lower than that of a swordless Link completing the game (without dying once, to boot). Which is to say, not very much (I'm not actually aware of a way of doing so, but then again, nor am I aware of a way of endorsing anything Microsoft makes now).

Maybe it could be done, now, in Breath of the Wild. Then again, that game's quite hard as it is…
Still, if anyone succeeds at it, do tell me. :cool: (Also, you mustn't use Mipha's Grace in this challenge.)
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Postby Behemot » October 4th, 2017, 4:01 am

Managed to get Jabber VIP transport from Jabbim and use Skype transport. I usually do also run webskype anyway (being forced to use Pale Moon as Opera 12.18 is not compatible with that AJAX logging-in garbage anymore) next to it to see if it works as them M$ morons tend to do changes way too often without actually telling anobody. So the whole transport may just stop working tomorrow. But I am trying to to use that for writing, just reading, as a backup :group:

But I don't need voice and other crap anymore, and if I did, than either the other party gets Tox, or no joy. Won't get forced into this proprietary garbage again where they constantly push you to some shit of theirs. Plus that every character you ever type, every image and most likely every second of voice or video is getting stored in their cloud forever - sure I'll pass!
Behemot
Administrator

Return to General Software