HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Strange behavior in IE9?

Get help with anything software-related in here.

Strange behavior in IE9?

Postby shovenose » April 9th, 2011, 5:09 pm

I noticed that on my home page (msn.com) when I type someting into the search box (on the site) then it opens in a new Tab. how do I make it stay in the same tab?
Other than that, IE9 is great!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

RE: Strange behavior in IE9?

Postby RWenger » April 22nd, 2011, 1:23 pm

Their source code is horrendous, almost unreadable. That behavior has nothing to do with your browser, but it is a result of the coding on MSN's part.

PS: Go Chrome!
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby Morsec0de » June 3rd, 2011, 6:56 am

Don't use IE, it's simply horrible, mainly when it comes to MyBB forums. The MyBB developers suggested people not to use Internet Explorer for use with MyBB forums as a lot of things don't function correctly. I will however say that Internet Explorer 9 is the best version of IE so far, I actually like it, although I don't use it.
Morsec0de
Veteran Member

Postby shovenose » June 3rd, 2011, 11:32 am

My issue with IE9 was that the style template editing in the MyBB ACP was not edited right when using IE9
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Morsec0de » June 4th, 2011, 12:14 am

shovenose wrote:My issue with IE9 was that the style template editing in the MyBB ACP was not edited right when using IE9

I had the exact same problem. Did it make huge gaps between lines of code when you used it? Did it also delete all the code in the file sometimes? Both of those happened to me. Fortunately, I always backup theme files before editing.

I don't use IE 9, I was just testing the release of it, to see what it was like.
Morsec0de
Veteran Member

Postby shovenose » June 4th, 2011, 5:13 am

Instead of being neatly formatted in the editor box it would turn it into one stupid long line. Then it would try to auto"fix" my html when i was halfway done typing it and this forum was actually down for an entire 5 minutes becuase of it (i downloaded firefox 4 and used that to fix what IE9 screwed up)...

And I just noticed how ugly this forum looks in IE8.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Morsec0de » June 4th, 2011, 11:09 pm

shovenose wrote:Instead of being neatly formatted in the editor box it would turn it into one stupid long line. Then it would try to auto"fix" my html when i was halfway done typing it and this forum was actually down for an entire 5 minutes becuase of it (i downloaded firefox 4 and used that to fix what IE9 screwed up)...

And I just noticed how ugly this forum looks in IE8.

That's what happened to me, internet explorer tries to 'help' you by doing things that are more annoying than they're worth.
Morsec0de
Veteran Member

Postby shovenose » June 5th, 2011, 8:16 am

Yep. I guess coders shouldn't use iE9 then :lol:
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to General Software