HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

WindowsXP EOS count down timer

Discuss operating systems in this section. Including Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.

WindowsXP EOS count down timer

Postby duckula » April 19th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Guys at Microsoft are so considerate that they provide Windows users with a little tool called Microsoft WindowsXP EOS count down timer. The purpose of this software is to remind current WinXP users that WinXP will be phased out by the day 8 April 2014. It will tell users how many days there are left before M$ officially end of support of WinXP. Ironically, this little tool does NOT work on WinXP. :lol: It requires Windows Vista (I tried, it doesnt work with Windows7 either). :lol: And if you enlarge the interface of the count down timer, it will present you with a link that will lead you to a web page that tells you how to upgrade to Windows7. :lol2:

If you are interested and you have Windows Vista installed on your computer, here's the downloading link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... mer.gadget
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: WindowsXP EOS count down timer

Postby c_hegge » April 20th, 2011, 12:53 am

A tool for XP users that only works with vistrash

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Anyhow, I don't care when M$ stops supporting XP, I will move on when everyone else stops supporting it and nothing is compatible with it. The simple fact is I hate windows vistrash and windows 7 and I'm not using them.
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » April 20th, 2011, 1:02 am

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah and XP probably is the most successful OS in M$'s history. After having been released about 10 years ago, there're still 3 years to go before M$ completely stop supporting it.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
duckula

Postby RWenger » April 22nd, 2011, 5:19 pm

XP was great but I do like 7. It takes some getting used to, but it's not good in my opinion to get so stuck with one product that you can't be flexible enough to use another. I can take XP or 7, but I use 7 because it seems smoother to me.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby duckula » April 22nd, 2011, 9:22 pm

Yeah. Windows7 is great too. I have Windows7 Ultrmate with SP1 installed on my PC and I have never encountered blue/black screen problem since the system was installed. The only problem is that my pc runs slowly. That's forgivable considering I only got 1GB RAM and a single core CPU.
duckula

Postby RWenger » April 22nd, 2011, 9:30 pm

That's definitely forgivable.

I actually have had two separate blue screen problems with drivers on my Windows 7 installation.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby c_hegge » April 23rd, 2011, 1:08 am

I stubbornly refuse to use anything but XP or linux. I may have 4GB RAM, but that doesn't mean I want the OS using it all up.
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby shovenose » April 23rd, 2011, 6:03 am

What a waste of RAM lol
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby RWenger » April 23rd, 2011, 6:12 am

If you optimize a 7 installation, you don't get bogged down very much. I could easily (and smoothly) run my computer on 2GB with multiple programs running simultaneously.
RWenger
Veteran Member

Postby shovenose » April 23rd, 2011, 6:13 am

My computer is fine with 3GB.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Next

Return to Operating Systems