HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Mac OS X Lion With 250 New Features Available in July From Mac App Store [TPU]

Discuss operating systems in this section. Including Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.

Mac OS X Lion With 250 New Features Available in July From Mac App Store [TPU]

Postby duckula » June 7th, 2011, 3:32 am

Mac OS X Lion With 250 New Features Available in July From Mac App Store

Apple announced that Mac OS X Lion, the eighth major release of the world’s most advanced operating system with more than 250 new features and 3,000 new developer APIs, will be available to customers in July as a download from the Mac App Store for $29.99. Some of the amazing features in Lion include: new Multi-Touch gestures; system-wide support for full screen apps; Mission Control, an innovative view of everything running on your Mac; the Mac App Store, the best place to find and explore great software, built right into the OS; Launchpad, a new home for all your apps; and a completely redesigned Mail app.

Full story:
http://www.techpowerup.com/147034/Mac-O ... Store.html
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Mac OS X Lion With 250 New Features Available in July From Mac App Store [TPU]

Postby shovenose » June 7th, 2011, 5:36 am

Well, it's about time they did something interesting. But It's really unfortunate that they are making all their computers look like they're running an iPad like operating system! :-(
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

RE: Mac OS X Lion With 250 New Features Available in July From Mac App Store [TPU]

Postby duckula » June 7th, 2011, 5:42 am

shovenose wrote:running an iPad like operating system! :-(

:lol:
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Postby artemis » July 19th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Lion officially goes on sale today, July 20th. I am looking to get it but I still need to upgrade to Snow Leopard first. I am a slow adopter I guess, but I really want to upgrade to Lion.

So who is planning on upgrading to Lion? With it being through the Mac Store it is kind of cool you can do it without having to go to the store or order it online and wait for it to ship.
artemis

Postby shovenose » July 19th, 2011, 10:36 pm

I'm not going to. I have no Mac :D and my mom will never want to upgrade anything.
Maybe it's time for me to finally set up a Hackintosh!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Operating Systems