HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Now Checking Your Internet Speed.

Discuss and share about web hosting and domain name providers.

Now Checking Your Internet Speed.

Postby speedtest » April 12th, 2012, 12:26 pm

If your Internet connection is slower than you think it should be, one of the first things to do is to visit an Internet speed test site. So on that note, check out one of these Internet speed test sites and run one right now, ideally one hosted by your Internet Service Provider.an Internet speed test measures the network bandwidth and sometimes latency of your connection by using sample data files and test Web servers. You can use these Speedtest services to measure your download speeds and verify the Internet service provider is supplying you the expected amount of bandwidth. These tools will also help you measure the results of performance tweaking your network setup.
speedtest

Re: Now Checking Your Internet Speed.

Postby ghozbond » June 28th, 2013, 3:16 am

speedtest wrote:If your Internet connection is slower than you think it should be, one of the first things to do is to visit an Internet speed test site. So on that note, check out one of these Internet speed test sites and run one right now, ideally one hosted by your Internet Service Provider.an Internet speed test measures the network bandwidth and sometimes latency of your connection by using sample data files and test Web servers. You can use these ptcl speed test services to measure your download speeds and verify the Internet service provider is supplying you the expected amount of bandwidth. These tools will also help you measure the results of performance tweaking your network setup.

with this speed test tool here are my specs

Download 2.54 Mbits/sec
Upload .84Mbits/sec

thanks for your tool and nice and beautiful site designs
Last edited by ghozbond on June 29th, 2013, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghozbond

Postby c_hegge » June 28th, 2013, 6:53 pm

I only got 0.8mbps. I get much faster than that normally. Other sites give me around 5mbps.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby shovenose » July 29th, 2013, 7:08 pm

So, according to this shitty website my internet is operating 1.1Mbps HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby c_hegge » July 29th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Huh? The picture says 54.98mbps.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby shovenose » September 2nd, 2013, 9:31 am

c_hegge wrote:Huh? The picture says 54.98mbps.

According the website the OP posted I was getting a much slower speed. I then showed the (correct) result from Comcast's speedtest.
Here's another result from the mentioned site:
Obviously it's all over the place and slower than it should be.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Web Hosting