HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Corsair CX430 review[Jonnyguru]

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

Corsair CX430 review[Jonnyguru]

Postby duckula » March 16th, 2011, 11:56 pm

So the CX430 is under $50, but it seems we get a pretty decent unit for the money. We get 430W worth of continuous power with no surprises. Limited ripple and noise, a quiet 120mm fan, active PFC and fully sleeved cables. Efficiency was a bit of a disappointment, especially since Corsair claims that their unit passed 80 Plus certification and Corsair is not a company like so many others that tend to submit a "modified" unit in order to pass testing. So overall, we don't have a great PSU, but we have a very good one. If efficiency was better and the component selection was better (at least Teapo capacitors, for example) at this price point Corsair would've hit this completely out of the park. And although I said I wouldn't ding the PSU for being a group regulated design and crossloading so badly, I feel the need to point out that we've seen group regulated units that at least stayed within spec when crossloaded.

http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=673X542 ... tml%23p636
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!