HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Mismatch

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

Mismatch

Postby duckula » June 12th, 2011, 4:05 am

A guy over at Itocp forum recently bought an Antec NeoECO 400W semi-modular power supply from a big chinese etailer called 360buy. Afther the package was delivered, he curiously found out the psu he received is a fixed-cable one. :lol: This could be a bless in disguise because the modular NeoECO 400W psu doesn't come with any modular cables. You have to buy the cables separately if you need. The only problem is that the fixed-cable version of NeoECO units (NeoECO 400C/520C/620C, fixed cable version has a C in its model name)is not supposed to be available in China. As far as I know, these NeoECO xxxC units are specific to an etailer in north America. :-/

The words on the invoice say: 安钛克(Antec) Neo ECO 400W 额定(continuous power)400W 模组化(modular)电源(power supply unit).
[hr]
oops. I opened this thread in a wrong forum...
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Mismatch

Postby shovenose » June 12th, 2011, 7:00 am

Ha. Antec=fail. They've proved that so many times!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » June 12th, 2011, 8:42 am

And there's no power cord in the box. Antec stop providing power cords to the users of their low end psu products.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Postby shovenose » June 12th, 2011, 9:45 am

I moved this thread into the Power Supplies section, I hope that's the right one...

But yeah, I know that they didn't include any power cords. That's understandable. But it's absolutely retarded not to include modular cables, even on an "eco" unit. Why? Because then they have to be shipped seperately so that is more transportation fuel and resources, MORE packagin, and WORSE for the environment.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!