HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Problem with ATX 450W PSU

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

RE: Problem with ATX 450W PSU

Postby shovenose » August 1st, 2011, 1:18 pm

Where is the input filter?!?!?! That's terrible.
:rapidfire: Winstar
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby c_hegge » August 1st, 2011, 4:01 pm

That PSU is made by leadman (often sold in the US under the name Powmax, meaning it goes POW!! when under load :D )

It uses a single transistor forward configuration, which is why there is only one switching transistor, rather than the two used in other designs. It's a cheaper, but more efficient design. I've attached what all the part are, as well as where the missing parts should have gone.

As shovenose said, though, these low quality units really belong in the garbage bin, even if they are still running
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Galib » August 1st, 2011, 4:08 pm

Hahaha ........... I could not make without laugh ...... hahaha ! Jumper is the best filter in the world !! - It is the theory of Chinese Engineering !!! Hahahaha ........ hahaha ......[hr]
That PSU is made by leadman .............................even if it still works

Thanks c_hegge . I will work on it later . Currently I am working with CAMRY shown in the picture . But I think I am going to fail with this . It's Fan twitch for a second and Shut Down . I thought - it has the problem output section . But .... uffffffffff !!! ....... no problem in output section !! Just shorting the Duty Cycle with ground and PSU is running excellent and measure the output voltage, The output voltage is absolutely acquit . Then I thought it will be the problem of Comparator LM339 and changed it but same behaviour !! haaaaaaaaaa ....... desponded dude ..... I do not know - May be output Reference voltage problem with LM339 .
Galib

Previous

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!