HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

80Plus Titanium

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

80Plus Titanium

Postby duckula » September 6th, 2011, 3:24 pm

It seems that the campaign of efficiency is going on. Ecos Plus Load Solutions is no longer satisfied with 80Plus platinum. So they rose the bar by releasing 80Plus Titanium standard. Currently the 80Plus Titanium standard only applies to redundant using 230VAC input voltage.No device has passed this certification so far. I wonder when it will be applied to PC power supplies.

230V Internal Redundant

10% 20% 50% 100% (of rated load)

90% 94% 96% 91% (efficiency)

http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80Plus ... plies.aspx
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: 80Plus Titanium

Postby c_hegge » September 6th, 2011, 7:34 pm

So soon? I mean there are hardly any 80plus platinum PSUs out there yet. The only ones I know of are a few based on the SuperFlower Golden Green platform.
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » September 7th, 2011, 1:44 am

As far as I know, Seasonic showed off its 80Plus platinum units at Computex 2011 months ago. Though I don't know when those units will hit the market.

Sama (a Chinese brand that I'm not familiar with. ) has a 80Plus platinum PSU too:

Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
duckula

Postby c_hegge » September 7th, 2011, 2:05 am

Nice! That PSU has all rubycon. The heatsinks look a tad small, but for an 80plus platinum unit, they're fine.
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » September 7th, 2011, 3:03 am

:P Oops, I forgot to link to the picture of the DC-DC daughter board. It has four polymers from NCC on that little board:

duckula

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!