HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Need Substitution Number of a PWM IC

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

Need Substitution Number of a PWM IC

Postby Galib » April 7th, 2012, 9:54 am

Hi,
I got 7 Power supplies for repairing . I have repaired 6 Power supplies successfully . But I could not repair One Power supply due to it's PWM Problem . But it's IC is totally uncommon !!! The IC number is LPG-899 . It is 16 DIP IC . I am not finding the datasheet of this IC anywhere nor finding the new IC in my local market !!

Can you give me the Datasheet and Substitution number of this IC which is available in the market .

Thanks
Attachments
7_PSU.jpg
7_PSU.jpg (76.23 KiB) Viewed 6974 times
Galib

Re: Need Substitution Number of a PWM IC

Postby c_hegge » April 9th, 2012, 4:32 am

Some manufacturers (including Linkworld and FSP) often use non-standard PWM ICs. Unfortunately, they don't publish the data sheets on them, nor do they sell them to electronics suppliers. The LPG___ model on the IC sounds like it could be a propietry linkworld IC. Can you get a picture of the Internals?

If the PSU is really a linkworld, though, do the computer a favour and hit the power supply with a sledge hammer. I've heard of those things delivering over 3V of ripple on the +12V rail (where the limit is 0.12V) and 1.3V on the 5V rail (where the limit is 0.05V), which is more than enough to damage attached hardware.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!