HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

dell H305P-00 is it a standard ATX PSU?

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

dell H305P-00 is it a standard ATX PSU?

Postby jc_bromley » April 3rd, 2014, 12:17 pm

Hi, sorry if this is a basic question, I've searched here without finding the answer I need...

I have to replace a PSU for a friend, it has an H305P-00 PSU, will a standard ATX PSU replace this?

many thanks,

John
jc_bromley

Re: dell H305P-00 is it a standard ATX PSU?

Postby c_hegge » April 3rd, 2014, 12:50 pm

It's very similar to the H305P-01 (http://hardwareinsights.com/dell-h30 ... ly-review/). Although the PSU is slightly taller, the screw-holes are in the same positions as a standard ATX unit, and so yes, it can be replaced by any standard ATX power supply.

One thing to bear in mind, though, is that the Dimension E520 or similar BTX cases that these power supplies are often used in position the HDDs right at the opposite corner of the case to the PSU, and so something with long cables for the SATA power connectors is often required.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!