HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Input voltage problem

Hardware Insights specializes in power supplies. In this part of the forum, you will find detailed information on every aspect of power supplies, including how to repair them and how to judge if a power supply is a good quality unit or not.

Input voltage problem

Postby flsanchesjr » May 8th, 2014, 4:25 am

Hi....

I wonder if anyone ever had problem related with the LOW or HIGH input Voltage ( I know according with manual this power supply can work between 115V / 230V) but there is a manual switch to set the input voltage - this is not automatic....
I´m using this power supply unit in BRAZIL and the MAIN entrance is sometimes floating in 130v (105v - 132v) and sometimes the power supply is going down...... When I try this PC in another site this is working fine...

Can someone help me to understand if this is normal behavior... in this case "could be good" or I will need use a power supply unit with automatic input voltage.....(or call someone to solve my input issue - :) )

thanks a lot....

Flavio
flsanchesjr

Re: Thermaltake TR2 Bronze 600W

Postby c_hegge » May 10th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Yes, That is what I would expect to see if the input voltage is off-limits. If you need to use the PC there, I would suggest getting something with full-range APFC.

Also, I have split this discussion off from the Thermaltake TR2 Bronze review. Your PSU is obviously not a TR2 Bronze (since that unit has full-range APFC), and so this discussion isn't relevant to that thread.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to POWER SUPPLIES!