HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

LongRunner's Mini-review Collection DISCUSSION

Everything goes... within reason!

Re: LongRunner's Mini-review Collection DISCUSSION

Postby Behemot » February 15th, 2020, 12:01 pm

LongRunner wrote:and was in rather loose contact (yet still took immense force to unplug)

Isn't that one of those fastons with something like a tiny pin on the receptacle, which is slightly longer so it goes out on the other side of the plug, where you have to push it with a fingernail and only than it can be unplugged? It's some kind of safety lock or something. They often appear to be shaky but actually cannot be unplugged either by using the correct way, or by excessive force :group:
Behemot
Administrator

Postby LongRunner » February 15th, 2020, 6:35 pm

Behemot wrote:Isn't that one of those fastons with something like a tiny pin on the receptacle, which is slightly longer so it goes out on the other side of the plug, where you have to push it with a fingernail and only than it can be unplugged?

I know about those; this isn't one of them, it's just a really inflexible shape.

Anyway, I've posted some micro-reviews for a bit of a breather.
Authoritarianism is for wimps.

Smart people don't buy "smart" devices without very carefully weighing up the risks and benefits beforehand.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA-H87M-D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, 2 * WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR-209DBKS, Seasonic G-360, Chenbro PC31031, Windows 7 Pro (though I do want to build a second system with GNU/Linux).
LongRunner

Postby Behemot » February 15th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Yeah I quickly went through those but since it's mostly local australian stuff, nothing for me I guess, I don't think I'll ever come into contact with that stuff :D
Behemot
Administrator

Postby LongRunner » May 18th, 2020, 8:27 pm

Added a second round of micro-reviews.
I also see that Kambrook have a new fan heater model (KFH700, no sign of a KFH710 or KFH760) which appears to have an easier-to-grip switch knob (although silver-painted which I'm sure will wear off and look bad after some use), albeit still operated in the reverse direction. (The KFH6x0 have dropped from their site although you can still find them at retailers.) Should I have cause to buy (or suggest) it (for a friend or whatever as I don't need another heater at home), I'll take note of whatever internal differences may exist.
Authoritarianism is for wimps.

Smart people don't buy "smart" devices without very carefully weighing up the risks and benefits beforehand.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA-H87M-D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, 2 * WD3003FZEX-00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR-209DBKS, Seasonic G-360, Chenbro PC31031, Windows 7 Pro (though I do want to build a second system with GNU/Linux).
LongRunner

Previous

Return to Off-Topic