HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Review style suggestions

Everything goes... within reason!

Review style suggestions

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » December 2nd, 2011, 2:57 pm

I said i'll never post here again, but hey, you've made progress and you deserve some :clap: .

First of all, you're copying Wolfie's jokes too much.
Second, get rid of the decimal place in the power measurements, not only is it meaningless but it's also inaccurate since you're using a bank of resistors for testing.
Third... oh wait there is no third. Congrats on getting review samples. Wait, i found a third. How in the world do you upload an avatar over here? Oh wait, you don't. :lol:
Th3_uN1Qu3

Re: Review style suggestions

Postby c_hegge » December 2nd, 2011, 4:04 pm

Thanks. I'll round the tables off in future.

I don't totally agree with the idea that I'm copying Wolf, though. I've only used 3 jokes thus far (the honeycomb grille in the in win, the Death ADDA fan on the HCG-750 and the engrish on the CM 460W). I haven't seen wolf use any of them, although I will stop doing it in future.

btw, I was sure you'd come back eventually. Remember Kerijane on Badcaps?
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby shovenose » December 2nd, 2011, 6:07 pm

Welcome back, The_Unique! Sorry about the avatar issues, there are still someproblems with the move from mybb to phpBB, namely avatars and image resizing, but thanks for the feedback anyway!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » December 3rd, 2011, 12:59 pm

c_hegge wrote:I've only used 3 jokes thus far (the honeycomb grille in the in win, the Death ADDA fan on the HCG-750 and the engrish on the CM 460W). I haven't seen wolf use any of them, although I will stop doing it in future.

I didn't mean it as in stop doing it but as in finding your own style. :)

c_hegge wrote:btw, I was sure you'd come back eventually. Remember Kerijane on Badcaps?

No i don't "remember" her, because she left before i registered, so her "coming back" to others meant "someone new" to me.
Th3_uN1Qu3

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » December 4th, 2011, 1:06 am

Oh btw, here's an easy way to get monitoring on 12v3 and 12v4 too.

Buy a connector block of the type used in mains application for connecting together wires that have been spliced. Buy four relays. You will also need a couple resistors and a switch, but you do have those around don't you.

Stick the probes in the connector block and secure them. On the other side wire the outputs of the PSU thru the relays. Four wires come in, only two come out. :-) The relays have to be two of the NO (normally open) type and two of the NC (normally closed) type, so that when you toggle the switch they disconnect two of the rails from the scope and connect the two others. Power to the circuit can be taken from the PSU under test itself, it'll use next to no power so it won't influence your results. Want to flip thru more rails? Add more pairs of relays. You get the idea.
Th3_uN1Qu3

Postby c_hegge » December 4th, 2011, 1:25 am

Thanks, but I already have re-wired the monitoring on the load tester (I did it after the In Win 600W), so I can now monitor 4 12V rails. I took the cheap and easy way of replacing the original 6-position switch with a 12 position one.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Off-Topic