HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

The Girlfriends thread

Everything goes... within reason!

The Girlfriends thread

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » February 12th, 2012, 1:58 pm

This place needs a bit of drama, and nothing brings more drama than women do. :lol: So uh, let's have ourselves a thread about GFs.

I've recently split with mine. In fact, she was the one who did it, after not talking to each other for a week or so she suddenly IM'd me 2 days ago and started making some very angry comments, and out of all things only one was true - that i talk disrespectfully at times. And there were much more serious accusations than that - she cussed me, my mom, and said a lot of nasty things that commonly belong in a street brawl or game chatroom not in a relationship. I was also chatting with a friend at that time and i started pasting him everything she said, we were commenting on it and laughing our asses off. I didn't say a word to her while she kept sending angry messages, i just let her go on.

Funny thing was this - near the end when she started telling me about her new boyfriend and how super awesome he is, she made a comparison that basically nulled everything she said until then: "he's just as honest, if not more honest than you". Ran out of bad language, have you? How can i be a loser (misspelled as looser btw), retard, selfish, AND honest at the same time? FAIL.

Later i shot her an email where i replied to everything she said in a polite and stylish manner. I haven't received a reply yet but i don't care, i just said to her what i felt i needed to say and that's it. I've realized one thing - i've grown up. I used to get really angry about those things, and a fight with someone (friend, gf, family) would ruin my whole day. Now... i just waited for her to finish venting her anger on me, closed the IM window and went on with my regular stuff. And you know why i'm not even in the slightest sad to see her go? Because i did everything i wanted to in this relationship, i have no regrets. Her folks were weirdos anyway, something bad was bound to happen some day or another so i just let it go. You know how it goes... <insert angry comments here> at which you calmly reply "Okay, but i've seen you naked." :lol:

The anti-ACTA protest was held yesterday. I went there too, but i had another reason besides protesting against this stupid law they're trying to throw upon us. Think with me - at a protest there are lots of people. Since this is a protest of the internet generation, there are going to be a lot of young people - which means a lot of fine chicks. :D So yeah, i went to the protest to pick up a girl. And sure nuff, i did. And she happens to live in my neighborhood too - now that's a stroke of luck. I'll take her out somewhere these days and see how it goes, but so far the initial reaction was positive. If it doesn't work out, second semester at uni is starting tomorrow. I met my ex at uni when going to a friend's classes because i was bored with mine. I can always do that again. :P

So, post your experiences with girls here, whether it's good or bad, love or hate, acceptance or rejection. And if there's something really bothering you about yourself and you think you can't have a girlfriend because of that, then talk about it. I was just like you not too long ago, and now when i think about those days i'm like "aw man, look how silly i used to be, things aren't so complicated like i thought they were".
Th3_uN1Qu3

Re: The Girlfriends thread

Postby c_hegge » February 13th, 2012, 2:42 pm

I've never had a girlfriend before. There simply aren't any suitable candidates around here. I don't really care though. After the nightmare my younger brother was until very recently, I don't want kids anyway.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby duckula » February 13th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Girls are unreliable things. They are subject to change without prior notice. :lol:
duckula

Postby c_hegge » February 13th, 2012, 4:18 pm

:lol2:

That's why we say that Samxon GF series stands for Samxon GirlFriend series - because they are just as unreliable.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » February 13th, 2012, 5:12 pm

@ c_hegge: Depends what you mean by suitable candidates. You can expand on that and figure out what exactly you like and don't like. And heh, kids are a long way away. You shouldn't worry about that.

@ duckula: That's the fun part. :D

Anyway. Still getting angry messages and emails from my ex, still replying with class... She's running out of steam fast tho, and has started to rinse and repeat same stuff over again... I'm curious on how many iterations she'll be able to complete. :lol:

I've noticed another thing about her that unfortunately is common among us Romanians, and another reason why this country isn't evolving: an obsession for power. At some point, the discussion shifted to career, and i wished her good luck in that and hopefully she'll someday be boss over a group of people like me, to "pull their brains out of their asses" (earlier, she said about me that i have my brain stuck in my ass). She seemed really thrilled of the idea. Heh. She couldn't handle me alone and she's expecting to handle a group of people like me someday? Well, if she becomes a manager, i sure hope she'll find better ways to manage and motivate her team besides angry emails. She's got what it takes, but she's pointing all her energy in the wrong direction.

One thing i've always been wondering. All i've ever done was merely pointing out the obvious. It isn't rocket science. But somehow, some people just can't figure out by themselves things that should be common sense, and believe any bullshit.

Truth be told, these people can be useful, as they'll swallow anything <insert perverted joke here>, but the problem appears when they spend a little time away from you swallowing other people's BS, because then you lose them. But get this - they're not stupid. I don't deal with stupid people because i would have nothing to gain from them. These people can think, but their reference values are all messed up. They're brainwashed. They're clueless. It's sad, really. :(
Th3_uN1Qu3

Postby c_hegge » February 14th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Th3_uN1Qu3 wrote:@ c_hegge: Depends what you mean by suitable candidates. You can expand on that and figure out what exactly you like and don't like.

I have, and that's how I've concluded there aren't any who I'm really compatible with. Now, don't get me wrong - I don't hate every girl. There are some ladies who I don't mind, but I'm just not really close to any. As I said, it doesn't worry me. I'm quite happy without one for now.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby shovenose » February 15th, 2012, 7:06 am

Hmm OK...
A couple years back, (freshman and beginning of sophomore year of HS) I had Victoria. We got along really well and whatnot, and we were just really good friends (when we broke up she wrote me a really nice letter about how she had more feelings about me than just a good friendship - and I replied (in person, not in a latter) that I did too... oh well we broke up because we got into an argument about something random and she was angry at me and I couldn't figure out why but she refused to talk about it. My mom and I always talk about stuff when we're angry and it's better than just stuffing it down your stomach and leaving it there forever, however Victoria didn't wanna talk about. Of course, as you may have noticed at BCN, I tend to over-react a lot to stuff and start throwing around insults... and after a few angry conversations and emails we broke up. We've only spoken once since for like 30 seconds, so that was that. But sometimes I think about how much I miss that relationship: she was sweet, funny, caring, creative, and does computer animations (which is good because we were/(are?) slightly anti-social and prefer to be inside, on the computer, not outside talking small-talk...

Then, at the very end of last year this girl Molly started talking to me... We didn't contact at all over the summer, but then tarting this (junior) year she really started showing she liked me. Our relationship sort of got caught at the stage between friend and GF... finally I treated her to dinner and took her to see a school theater production, which was nice. But then it once again got stuck, and didn't go any further...
We broke up because we're very different. She's not super creative, she believes in doing things by the book and not ever thinking outside of the box, and whatnot; my constant I'm-busy-on-the-computer-leave-me-alone attitude killed that relationship rather recently...

Now, I have a potential GF. She's in my Creative Writing class, she's funny, clever, interesting, and we always find something to talk about instead of like with molly where we really blah blah bla's small talk all the time... Problem is, she's a close friend of Molly's, which makes things complicated...

Right now I'm not actively looking for a GF because I'm busy with computer stuff:
-making websites
-writing and maintaining this site
-Android app development
-learning more PHP and Java
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » February 15th, 2012, 2:11 pm

c_hegge wrote:As I said, it doesn't worry me. I'm quite happy without one for now.

That's fine. Just keep your eyes peeled and your tongue sharp, so that when you will want one, you'll know how to get one. Some years ago i've been in the situation of wanting a GF but not really knowing what to do, it was very frustrating. I think i was 15 at that time.

shovenose wrote: as you may have noticed at BCN, I tend to over-react a lot to stuff and start throwing around insults...

That's something you learn to control as you grow up. I had the same problem as a kid. I wasn't antisocial - but i was into a lot of stuff that other kids weren't, so about the only times i would be with my friends was when we were playing computer games, and a bit of football sometimes. I don't regret those days, as i gained a lot of knowledge during that time.

shovenose wrote:We broke up because we're very different. She's not super creative, she believes in doing things by the book and not ever thinking outside of the box

That would be a deal breaker in my book as well. I can think of only one girlfriend i had that wasn't of the creative and artistic type. And it didn't last long.

shovenose wrote:Now, I have a potential GF. She's in my Creative Writing class, she's funny, clever, interesting, and we always find something to talk about instead of like with molly where we really blah blah bla's small talk all the time... Problem is, she's a close friend of Molly's, which makes things complicated...

No, it only makes them more fun. When you start to think that way, things suddenly start clicking. If you need any pointers let me know.

shovenose wrote:Right now I'm not actively looking for a GF because I'm busy with computer stuff:

That's a mistake a lot of guys make. You don't have to be that serious about it. You can find a girlfriend by:
- walking around school and talking to girls in the break
- going to any place where people gather, like a party, a protest, the park, or even when shopping. Successfully approaching a girl in a dynamic situation takes balls tho.

I've successfully shut up my ex. No more angry emails since yesterday. Ahh, peace and quiet. :-) The girl i met at the protest is busy studying because she's in her last year of high school, so i don't think i'll get to take her out until weekend. That's fine - i'm broke right now anyway.

So i went to pick Diana up from HS, another girl i know, and walked her home. I've known this girl for over 2 years, and i used to go out with her every now and then because she didn't have many friends. She was pretty cute. I didn't think of anything serious though because she's 3 years younger than i am, so that made her 15 at that time. I asked her out again at the beginning of this year (hadn't seen each other for 1.5 years) and first time i saw her again my jaw dropped - now she isn't "pretty cute" no more, she's downright HOT. Damn... Last month she finally admitted to me that she loves me, and we kissed. But i think this is the most that will happen for a while - she's still underage, her mom is very strict, and we don't get to spend too much time together anyway because she's on a tight schedule with her meds - she developed diabetes. :( Because of emotional problems and stress, i was told... That's unfair. She's so innocent... she doesn't deserve any of this. If i knew she was so sensitive i would've kept a closer eye on her. But no one can turn back time, so i'm just trying to make the most out of what we have now.

Well, one more reason to talk about stuff instead of keeping it bottled within you, it isn't good for your physical health let alone your mental one. Situations like this make me wonder about my own health - i see people getting really sick from a small fraction of the stuff i have to bear every day, and i'm thinking how lucky i am. I can't help but wonder how much my luck is going to last though.
Th3_uN1Qu3

Postby shovenose » February 15th, 2012, 3:52 pm

what kind of "pointers"?
lol :)
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Th3_uN1Qu3 » February 16th, 2012, 5:10 am

Pointers in C or C++. :mrgreen:
Th3_uN1Qu3

Next