HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

What is the main thing in a best Game ?

Everything goes... within reason!

Re: What is the main thing in a best Game ?

Postby shovenose » July 7th, 2012, 6:22 am

Hmm... good graphics, good phsyics? I'm not much of a gamer so it's a bit hard to say!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Wester547 » July 8th, 2012, 2:25 am

If you mean "the best aspect", I suppose that would be up to opinion, though I rather feel that how engaging a game is and how well everything is ultimately executed (and how every facet to that game enmeshes) is what matters, Those are the things that may hold most apparent. Then again, others will say it's the immersion factor. Some may otherwise say that if a game is enjoyable and entertaining, they find merit in playing it. I feel the gameplay and story should be the core elements of a game, whatever makes you feel as though you're a part of it. Whatever sustains the suspension of disbelief.
Last edited by Wester547 on July 9th, 2012, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wester547
Veteran Member

Postby c_hegge » July 8th, 2012, 3:53 am

I think Wester547 really covered it. It's really a matter of personal opinion. One game may appeal to someone, while someone else may prefer something totally different.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby Nuke » July 29th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Either gameplay or plot.
Nuke

Postby LongRunner » November 24th, 2013, 11:39 am

It's critical that the controls be usable and responsive. Graphics aren't so important, as long as they're viewable. You can think of graphics as being comprised of two parts - (a) quality and (b) style. The latter includes, for example, whether the game is designed to look realistic or cartoonish. I'm tempted into realism, but just as over-saturated colours aren't realistic, neither are under-saturated colours. But good luck getting it right in a world in which modern displays are usually over-saturated on purpose :(.

As for the plot...it's nice if it isn't the same old story for every game in the series. I've got to admit, it would be amusing to twist things up by, for example, requiring a certain character widely known for smashing pots like nobody's business to handle something expensive, fragile, and difficult to replace (as in, you have to do more than just buy a new one) to finish the game.
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Postby shovenose » December 2nd, 2013, 7:45 pm

Funny, now that I'm much more of a gamer back then I have a completely different outlook on things.
There needs to be some continuing plot or challenge. GTA IV is fun but it kinda got boring. I'm impatiently waiting for it for PC and I'm gonna get it, but it just gets boring after many hours.
I like games like the Battlefield franchise more and more, because there's always a new challenge.
Call of Duty is crap. There is no interaction with the environment that's my problem with it. Oh, there's a tank? Too bad, it's just scenery - you can't use it. in BF3 and 4 things like vehicles are usable, and you can actually interact with your surroundings.
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Off-Topic