HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Is Hardware Insights faster for you now?

Everything goes... within reason!

Hardware Insights faster for you now?

Significantly faster!
100%
Maybe a little bit faster...
No votes
Same as before, but I'm satisfied with the performance.
No votes
Slower than before (I hope nobody chooses this).
No votes
I don't care I have dial up anyway so I wouldn't know the difference.
No votes

Total votes : 3

Is Hardware Insights faster for you now?

Postby shovenose » April 14th, 2013, 9:46 am

We moved it from our old slow servers in Tampa, FL to our blazing fast new servers in San Diego, CA.
But I'm curious of anybody actually noticed the difference...
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Re: Is Hardware Insights faster for you now?

Postby Wester547 » April 16th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Well, what I have noticed is that I no longer encounter a 404 error half the time I try to access the site and forum, which was probably because of the move to a new server, so that by its lonesome makes the site faster for me. :) :thnx:
Wester547
Veteran Member

Postby shovenose » April 17th, 2013, 8:51 am

That's definitely helpful, glad it was an improvement for you!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Postby c_hegge » April 17th, 2013, 7:02 pm

It feels a little faster for me too. I lol'd at that last option. 56K just needs to die already.
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

Postby LongRunner » May 21st, 2013, 5:41 am

I have an internet connection (provided by none other than Hellstra) that, although it isn't dial-up, sure feels like it in use, and can only be described as a disgrace for the fee. :( Not voting as I missed the opportunity to compare the two on a decent connection.
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Postby LongRunner » May 24th, 2013, 7:09 pm

And now I can't access the internet gateway through Wi-Fi, so I have to plug it in through USB. I still haven't verified whether it's the internet thing or the Wi-Fi card in my PC (if it's the latter, at least I'm lucky it's an expansion rather than part of the motherboard), but I can tell you one thing: This stupid 4G device has shockingly similar mannerisms to the 3G device(s) I had before. They aren't similar in appearance, but there's something in common between them that may well explain the whole saga: both were made by Sierra Wireless.

Said 4G thing also has no way to disable automatic firmware updates, only to change the interval. As far as I'm concerned, it was obsolete from day one. I have a spare (by accident), but I'm told it's a PITA to swap them. I have no doubt about it - Telstra and Sierra Wireless are despicable.
LongRunner

Postby LongRunner » May 24th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Well...I managed to swap them anyway, which fixed the problem of broken Wi-Fi...but it may well be the same again after another few months.
LongRunner

Return to Off-Topic