HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

MaxWar

Post an Introduction thread here. Share a little about yourself and your computer knowledge, (if you want to)...

MaxWar

Postby MaxWar » August 13th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Hey there, you can call me Max. I found this forum from "computer power supply repair forum". Im in need of help to fix a Mac PPC performa 6400/200 power supply. (will post about it later)

I am an experienced pc user, use multiple OSes, built several machines, doing alot of basic repairs and troubleshooting and old machine restoration. I also do some electronics but i have no official formation and my knowledge is limited. I like to collect broken stuff and attemp to fix it as a hobby. My success rate is actually very high on my electronic repairs but its usually from following tutorials.
I like to learn by fixing broken stuff.

I have a steady hand and have become quite skilled with the soldering iron, i am rather stubborn and wont quit easily a project. I also try to think before doing something stupid. Those things together probably explain my good success rate at electronic repairs even though my electronics knowledge is fairly limited. (i know the basics mind you)

One thing that fairly eludes me though is switching power supply repair, hehe. Im here to learn and i feel i stumble on a good place.
Nice to meet you all.
Max
MaxWar

RE: MaxWar

Postby c_hegge » August 13th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Welcome aboard. Let's hope we can be of assistance :D
No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards! :D
c_hegge
Seasoned Veteran

RE: MaxWar

Postby shovenose » August 13th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Welcome! Glad you've found us and I'm sure you will feel right at home here :-)
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

Return to Introductions