HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

DēLonghi HVS3032 EX:3

Discuss the Reviews and Articles on hardwareinsights.com here!

DēLonghi HVS3032 EX:3

Postby LongRunner » June 10th, 2023, 1:14 am

While buying new appliances (when moving house) with Mum, I pondered giving Dumbplex (Dimplex) a chance to redeem themselves (their model might even be quiet which is a rarity in modern fan heaters); but these were staring at me from just a few meters away, and I figured it nice to have one in good condition again (given the original unit's wear from the younger one) so here we go (and I don't regret that call): https://www.hardwareinsights.com/delonghi-hvs3032/

Although I originally wanted to get a nice new camera, it's already winter here so I ended up taking a few more photos with my battered IXUS 500 HS.
(And we'll also have to sell the old house before I can afford the new camera :group:; other non-seasonal items can wait.)
Thanks to using my new downlights as makeshift photo lamps, I got surprisingly good lighting in some of them (although I did get tired near the end).
I'll probably also build my own site for future full reviews (having spent a decade here), but my micro/mini-review thread will continue for now…

If these are as well-built as older Italian-made DēLonghi models is debatable (I can't comment myself without seeing inside them), but they're clearly still far superior to the typical cheapos. (If you aspire to “automotive” quality standards, then I'd rate both the HVS and HSX series on a near-equivalent level. :cool:
That doesn't stop automobiles from having a lot of recalls, of course, but there's far less to go wrong here so I'm happy enough with that; if cars were built as badly as the worst cheapos, you'd be lucky to survive in one :lol2:.)

I recently saw in Coles that some of the cheap (AU$40 or so) convectors now have a tip-over switch (according to the box anyway); previously I would have chosen the HCM2030 over them for peace-of-mind, but this complicates the matter (so now it depends where you position the heater and how prone it is to being tipped).
DēLonghi will surely have to make an updated budget convector (HCM2030S or such) if they want to keep a comfortable position there (although among the convectors, I still recommend the HSX3324FTS – or HSX3324FS or HSX3324S, where available – if you can afford it; the HSX3324FTS is warming my unit)…
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Re: DēLonghi HVS3032 EX:3

Postby Behemot » June 17th, 2023, 1:28 am

finally a brand I heard of before :D
Behemot
Administrator

Drain hole caution!

Postby LongRunner » September 13th, 2023, 11:20 pm

Just found another flaw in the older version (and added to the review): The drain holes didn't go through.
Closed holes.JPG
All 10 of them were like this.
Closed holes.JPG (225.3 KiB) Viewed 37978 times
Fortunately, this is indeed fixed in the EX:3 (and if you have the older version, you can drill them through with a 2mm bit; or even just poke with a thick needle).
LongRunner

Return to Content Comments