HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Preview: Antec High Current Gamer M 750 W

Discuss the Reviews and Articles on hardwareinsights.com here!

Re: Preview: Antec High Current Gamer M 750 W

Postby quest_for_silence » April 14th, 2016, 11:56 pm

Behemot wrote:http://www.hardwareinsights.com/preview-antec-high-current-gamer-m-750-w/

JFYI, Pavel: I was told that: - "They are based on a modified S12G platform, and the modifications have been done to reduce the overall cost." - should not be correct. :huh:

I was told that like the larger M12 Evos, those units use the Seasonic AT/AM platform (released a few years before S12G, already seen on NZXT HALE 82 / various XFXs and seemingly used even for the discontinued Corsair TX 850 V2), which is based on a proven (old) Double Forward topology for the primary, instead of the more efficient (modern) Half Bridge plus LLC resonant converter used in the S12G series: that fact should make these designs totally different from each other.

I thought that, in case, you might want to check it out. :blush:
quest_for_silence

Re: Preview: Antec High Current Gamer M 750 W

Postby Behemot » April 15th, 2016, 1:19 am

I definitelly will. This is indeed preview, so based on first look. On first look, at least the DC-DC board seems to be 100% the same one which is (or was) being used in the G/S12G models. And it also uses double-sided glass-epoxy PCB, unlike the ordinary M12IIs. (Though the S12G itself came later, it is mostly just G stripped down of the modular cabling; so yes, chronologically, it is most likely based more on the G than S12G, but technologically it is the same, and I usually treat them as such.) I am just working on detailed analysis now so it should be OK in the review itself.

I already noticed it does not use synchronnous rectification rather than ordinary diode rectification. So it may indeed be based on the previous S12II, just having the DC-DC board put in from G/S12G. At the moment I am just doing my research in these models, sorting it all out. As I have not seen any newer S12II for a while. Been waiting for direct samples for a year, there most likely won't be any, so I will get some through local distributor later. That is also the reason why I asked Antec for this one - as it is the easiest shortcut to looking at this Seasonic platform ;) But I think the first DC-DC M12II (the xxAM) are actually "M12II Bronze". The "M12 II Bronze Evo Edition" should be the newest models, according to Orion the only change is they now correctly state the number of +12V rails (1). This HCG-750M is the older M12II, as it also states two 40A rails.
Behemot
Administrator

Return to Content Comments