HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold series hit the market

Discuss the Reviews and Articles on hardwareinsights.com here!

SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold series hit the market

Postby LongRunner » May 4th, 2017, 9:59 pm

http://www.hardwareinsights.com/next ... it-market/

I just hope that yellow stuff visible on the two 470μF 16V poly caps (just to the left of the modular connector PCB) isn't the damn chloroprene glue. :dodgy: (Well, it might not be as bad there as it could be on the primary side, but still…) The PCB orientation makes electrical sense, but may not be so good for airflow…

I'm not overly keen on having the +5VSB diode near those two electrolytics, either, even with Japanese ones. (Well, if they used something like Ruby ZLH/Panny FR with 6,000-hour or higher endurance then it may be alright, but I can see that at least one of those Chemi-Cons is a KZE which don't really stand out in this department. Not that the endurance test is a bullet-proof predictor of lifespan, but still…) I'd also be interested if populating those two vacant Y capacitor spots made any noticeable difference to ripple.
Last edited by LongRunner on May 4th, 2017, 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added commentary, fixed title
Information is far more fragile than the HDDs it's stored on. Being an afterthought is no excuse for a bad product.

My PC: Core i3 4130 on GA‑H87M‑D3H with GT640 OC 2GiB and 2 * 8GiB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz, Kingston SA400S37120G and WD3003FZEX‑00Z4SA0, Pioneer BDR‑209DBKS and Optiarc AD‑7200S, Seasonic G‑360, Chenbro PC31031, Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.3.
LongRunner

Return to Content Comments