HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Corsair Updates its Builder Series Power Supplies[tpu]

Discuss general technology and news here.

Corsair Updates its Builder Series Power Supplies[tpu]

Postby duckula » May 4th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced it has updated the Builder Series with new CX V2 models. The Builder Series CX V2 is the successor to the current CX family of PSUs, offering 80 PLUS certification and European Commission Energy-Related Product (ErP) directive compliance for guaranteed efficiency and low standby power consumption. The warranty on the CX V2 PSUs has been increased to three year s, one year longer than the original Builder Series models.

http://www.techpowerup.com/145182/Corsa ... plies.html

[hr]
CWT/Corsair did some tweaks to the CX430/500/600 V2 so that the new CX V2 units can meet 80Plus standard certification. And they are currently available on Newegg for $49.99, $64.99 and $74.99 respectively.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Corsair Updates its Builder Series Power Supplies[tpu]

Postby shovenose » May 4th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Good. The originals were rubbish
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

RE: Corsair Updates its Builder Series Power Supplies[tpu]

Postby duckula » May 4th, 2011, 6:32 pm

CX V2s are actually CX V1s with some component changes. They are based on the same platform. So I think the new CX V2s won't bring any significant performance boost comparing to the originals apart from slight higher efficiency. :dogrun:
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Return to General Tech Discussion/News