HIGH QUALITY, HARD TO GET AND CUSTOM ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITORS FOR POWER SUPPLIES, DISPLAYS, TVs, MOTHERBOARDS AND MORE!

Seasonic readies X-1050 & X1250 80plus platinum certified PSUs

Discuss general technology and news here.

Seasonic readies X-1050 & X1250 80plus platinum certified PSUs

Postby duckula » June 2nd, 2011, 4:27 pm

TechPowerUp got a sneak-peek into the R&D facility of SeaSonic Electronics, a major switching power supply OEM that also sells under its own channel brand with the same name. We were shown two new high-end modular power supply units (PSUs) under development, the SeaSonic X-Series Platinum X-1050, and X-Series X-1250. The 1050W X-1050 is designed to meet 80 Plus Platinum efficiency rating requirements, while the 1250W X-1250 is shaping up to be 80 Plus Gold compliant.

Both PSUs feature fully modular cabling, and appear to be using a new internal design not featured on any SeaSonic-made partner PSUs. Both PSUs are feature and appear to be using single +12V rail designs. The ATX v2.3-compliant X-1050 offers two EPS connectors apart from ATX, six 6+2 pin PCI-Express connectors, and a wealth of SATA and Molex connectors, making it ideal for gaming PCs with up to three graphics cards. The X-1250 ups the connectivity with eight 6+2 pin PCI-E power connectors, making it a choice for enthusiast PCs with four graphics cards.

http://www.techpowerup.com/146821/SeaSo ... -PSUs.html

Seasonic applies a new feature on this power supply. It has a fan control switch on it, which you can choose between S12 mode and semi-passive mode. In the so-called S12 mode, the fan will constantly spin. Fan speed varies depending on the temperature. While in the semi-passive mode, the fan will completely stop under certain temperature as the existing X series units do (except X400 & X460). The fan will kick in if the temperature goes beyond the thrishold.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

RE: Seasonic readies X-1050 & X1250 80plus platinum certified PSUs

Postby shovenose » June 2nd, 2011, 5:48 pm

Solid caps! :D Seasonic is great!
shovenose
Seasoned Veteran

RE: Seasonic readies X-1050 & X1250 80plus platinum certified PSUs

Postby duckula » June 2nd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Yep. It has entirely good caps.
Please feel free to point out any mistakes in my messages. That will be helpful for me to make less mistakes in the future. :-)
Any help will be appreciated.:thnx:
duckula

Return to General Tech Discussion/News